Black Friday is a great time to invest in a new smartphone, and retailers like Walmart, Target, Best Buy and others are providing a sneak peek at the great sales that are to come, if not already available right now! Whether for your loved one or yourself, these are some of the best upcoming deals so far based on current Black Friday ads. Note that these deal prices will not be valid until the applicable Black Friday dates.
The best pre-released Black Friday smartphone deals of 2017
- While no price reductions currently apply to the newest model, Walmart will be offering a $300 gift card with the purchase of the iPhone X, along with the 8, 8 Plus, 7 and 7 Plus. As part of the offer eligibility, consumers must agree to a long-term phone payment plant and will need to sign up for service with AT&T or Verizon. Full payment of the phone will still be required if service is canceled before the phone is paid off in full. Full specs for the iPhone X can be found here.
- The iPhone 8 and 8 Plus will also be sold at Target for full price, but a free $250 gift card will be offered when purchased. As part of eligibility, customers are required to sign up for service with AT&T, Sprint or Verizon, along with a long-term phone payment plant of 24 to 30 months. The gift card must be paid back if service is canceled or the phone is returned before the deal is paid off in full. Full specs for both 8 models can be found here and here.
- Best Buy will offer the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus for up to $200 off with qualified activation with Sprint, Verizon, or AT&T, along with long-term phone payments. Customers will be responsible for the balance of the phone payment if service is canceled before the phone has been paid off.
- Although an older model, if you are sold on Apple smartphones but don’t want to be chained to the big carriers, Walmart is offering the Apple iPhone 6 on Straight Talk Wireless for only $129. While not the latest and greatest, the iPhone 6 still comes with Bluetooth wireless technology, GPS services, an 8MP camera (2MP front-facing) and up to 24 hours of battery talk time. Service will be tied to Straight Talk prepaid wireless.
- Best Buy is offering the iPhone 6s for $150 off, but this deal requires service with AT&T, Sprint, or Verizon, along with long-term phone payments over a period of 20 to 30 months. Find full specs here.
- Target is offering a no-contract Apple SE for $99, a $60 savings.
- Walmart will also have the Apple SE on sale for $99, but it will be tied to Walmart Family Mobile. Full specs can be found here.
- Like the newest Apple models listed above, Walmart will be offering a $300 gift card with the purchase of the Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, and Note8. As with the iPhone, consumers must agree to a long-term phone payment plan and will need to sign up for service with AT&T or Verizon. Full payment of the phone will still be required if service is canceled before the phone is paid off in full.
- A similar deal applies at Target with a $300 Target gift card for the purchase of full-price Samsung Galaxy Note8, Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+. Like Walmart, activation and long-term payments apply, along with potential opt-out penalty. See full specs here, here and here.
- Best Buy will be offering $300 0ff the purchase of the Samsung Galaxy Note8, Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+, but activation will also be required, along with long-term payments.
- Walmart will slash $200 off the price of the Samsung 7, down to $299, but this deal is tied to Straight Talk prepaid wireless. This phone is one version behind the current model but still comes highly rated with a 12MP camera (5MP front-facing), 4k video recorder and a 5.1″ touchscreen.
- Walmart will have the Samsung J7 Sky Pro on Straight Talk for only $49, with service sold separately. This model comes with a 5.5″ screen, 8MP camera (5MP front-facing) and 31 hours of battery talk time. Full specs can be found here.
- The Samsung J3 will be available at Walmart for $39 on Verizon Wireless, with service sold separately. For a no-contract version, Target will be offering this model at the same price. As this is more of a prepaid phone model, big features will be lacking but it covers all of the basic needs. Full specs can be found here.
- Best Buy also offers the J3 with the best price at $29.99, tied to discounted prepaid Simple Mobile, Total Wireless and Tracfone services.
- Target falls in line, also offering the J3 at $39.99 with no contract required.
Additional Android phones
- Best Buy is selling an unlocked Huawei Honor 6X for $149.99, for more service freedom. This model boasts a 5.5″ screen, a 12MP camera (8MP front-facing) and 32GB of internal storage which can be expanded with a microSD card. Full specs can be found here.
- Walmart is offering the LG Rebel 2 LTE for $19.98 on Straight Talk, with services sold separately. It features a 5″ touchscreen, 5MP camera (5MP front-facing) and a battery talk time of up to 12 hours. See full specs here.
- Best Buy has the AT&T prepaid ZTE Maven 3 on sale for $29.99, with service sold separately. With 8GB of memory, plus a microSD slot, a 5″ touchscreen, and a 5MP rear-facing camera, reviews are high regarding the performance. Check out the full specs here.
As always, be sure to price compare and read all of the purchase details to make sure you’re getting the best deal. Some in-store purchases are required.
RELATED: 7 great smartphones under $250