Read more: Study: Dollar General and Walmart are least expensive retailers
Walmart shoppers: Now it’s easier to get free 2-day shipping
The retailer has also dropped the minimum purchase amount required for free shipping to your home to $35, down from $50. There is no price threshold if you want to have items shipped to a Walmart store.
“Walmart’s free two-day shipping will be available on the items customers shop the most, including household essentials such as baby necessities, pet products, food, like cereal and peanut butter, cleaning supplies and beauty favorites, as well as top electronics and toys,” Walmart said in a news release.
Here are 5 things you need to know:
- No membership is required! Eligible items must total $35 or more.
- Millions of participating items will be marked with a two-day shipping flag on Walmart.com. You can use filters to see only products that qualify.
- Can’t meet the $35 threshold for free shipping? You can pay $5.99 and still get it delivered in two days.
- Orders must be placed by 2 p.m. to get them in two days. Weekends and holidays are not included.
- If you don’t qualify for free two-day shipping, get an order of $35 or more shipped for free in three to five days.
With this change, Walmart is dropping its $49 annual ShippingPass program, which was like a cheaper version of Amazon Prime. ShippingPass subscribers should receive refunds within 30 days.
Amazon Prime costs $99 a year for free two-day shipping, but it also includes other perks like video and music streaming, free e-books and more.
Best of the Week
The top 10 deals of the week!
The best deals available at The Home Depot!
The best of Aldi’s middle aisle this week!
The best deals of the Instant Savings Event at Sam’s Club
The best deals at Amazon right now
The best bargains at Costco this month
Where to get the best deals on plants and flowers
Lidl weekly ad: The best of Lidl this week!
The best deals at Walmart this week!