Sorry! This deal is now expired. Sign up below to stay up-to-date on more great deals!
With all the information available about saving money online, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. When companies start running their holiday promotions and deals, it can be even more difficult to sort through all the clutter.
Luckily, with a little planning and some help from technology, your holiday shopping can be a lot easier, more productive and less stressful as you journey through the holiday months of November and December.
First, make a list
Before you start down the rabbit hole of holiday deals, take some time to create a list of everything you need or want to buy. For some people on your list, you might already know what to buy them, while others may be a little more difficult to shop for. Perusing some items in store or online for some inspiration might be in order.
But, before you venture out into the crazy retail jungle, prepare yourself by grabbing a few of these time-saving, organizing, and pricing apps below!
Save time by using these organizing & package delivery apps
- List Ease (or List Bliss) (iOS & Android) – List Ease a simple but powerful, user-friendly list app intended for grocery shopping lists but great for making any other kids of lists. This app can also be used on your Apple Watch! The best part? Sync your list with any friend or family member.
- Wunderlist – Winner of the app of the year award! In addition to being a great productivity app, Wunderlist is also an efficient way to create and share a shopping list. Access seamlessly from any major device!
- Capitan (iOS & Android) – Capitan allows you to sync shopping lists with family members and also alerts them when you’re at the store. Additionally, this app learns what you buy and makes suggestions on purchases when it knows you’re running low on something!
- UPS My Choice – Through UPS My Choice, you choose where and when eligible UPS packages will be delivered. UPS My Choice allows you to track your packages and set up alerts so you know when your package has arrived.
- Giftster (iOS & Android) – A free, private, web and mobile gift registry connecting family and close friends.
- Ring (iOS & Android) – The doorbell for your smartphone, this app can allow you to answer the door without even being home! In addition to the convenience of knowing when your packages arrive, Ring also doubles as a new approach to home security. (Requires purchase of the Ringâ„¢ Video Doorbell to use.)
- Slice (iOS & Android) – Never enter a tracking number again! Slice automatically picks up tracking numbers from your email whenever you make a purchase.
Gain useful information with product review apps
- Purchx (iOS) – Scan over 3 million products with a barcode, compare multiple products, read reviews, write your own reviews, and earn rewards.
- Amazon (iOS, Android, Windows) – Amazon, while being the world’s largest online retailer, is also one of the best places to research products by taking a look at product reviews. The product reviews with pictures are even more helpful!
- Techwalla – Though it’s not technically an app, if you’re overwhelmed by shopping for technology, you’ll want to check out Techwalla! Techwalla rounds up metascores, summaries & recommendations on technology products from all over the web.
Read more: Best TV deals you’ll find on Black Friday
Apps that help you find the best price
These are Clark’s favorite free apps that help you get the best deal:
- Amazon Price Check – Scan a barcode or snap a picture of an item and then compare against Amazon prices.
- BuyVia – Scan a barcode and compare against online prices.
- PriceGrabber – Get the lowest prices on computers, electronics, furniture, cameras and more.
- Shelfbucks – Get in-store personalized deals sent right to your smartphone.
- ShopSavvy – Scan a barcode and compare against online prices.
- Shopular – Get the best in-store mobile coupons for your favorite stores.
- Walmart’s Savings Catcher – Enter your receipt number and if there’s a lower advertised price, you get the difference.
BONUS: Another cool shopping app!
Pounce (iOS, Android) – Turn your phone camera into a buy button! If you’re ever out and about and you see something you’d like to have, this app will find the item for sale online. If Pounce is able to find the item, it will provide you with a purchase link.
The holiday shopping season is a hectic time for many people. But, if you plan ahead and utilize technology, the time and money saved can really add up!
Holiday tipping: Who to tip and who to skip
Best of the Week
The top 10 deals of the week
The best deals available at The Home Depot!
The best deals available at Lowe’s Home Improvement!
Meal kit delivery: 22 best deals & discounts on meal kit services
The best deals at Big Lots this week
The best deals at Ikea right now!
The best deals on TVs available now
The best bargains at Amazon right now
15 great deals to save on household essentials