(Editor’s note: The item is currently sold out at Wyze, but can still be purchased through Amazon.)
When the first version of the Wyze Cam initially came out, Clark dubbed it a “stunner of a bargain” at just $19.99, and a great option for home security. Now the latest version of the Wyze camera, the Wyze Cam v3, sells for $34.43 at Amazon. Also, the Wyze Cam Black is $26.99 at Wyze. Shipping from Wyze increases the price.
“Last year I told you about something called the Wyze Cam,” said Clark. “It was a breakthrough product that comes at a price that is a stunner. With that, you get free alerts when artificial intelligence in the camera detects motion and lets you know immediately. You can monitor the camera whenever you want, right on your smartphone. In short, this works like all the systems that are popping up for home or small business security cameras. But instead of being an expensive camera, it is dirt cheap, and instead of making money by charging you a big monthly fee, it’s free.”
Wyze Cam v3 specs include:
- Color night vision
- Water-resistant for indoor or outdoor use
- Motion & sound detection
- Two-way audio to greet and speak with visitors
- A siren button you can press to scare off unwanted guests
- A 12-second alert video every five minutes when motion or sound is detected (upgrade to Cam Plus add-on service available)
- Ability to record additional footage using a microSD card with the “record on event” or “continuous recording” feature turned on
Note that the one-way talk feature is not available via Alexa. To learn how to set up the Wyze camera, watch this video. Note that this price could change at any time!