Sorry, this deal is no longer available, but sign up below to get alerts on more deals like this.
Looking for cheap ways to keep the kids entertained this summer? Look no further than your local movie theater!
Regal has a slate of summer movies for kids at a great price point: Just $1. And they’re just one of several major theater chains across the country that have one buck movies for kids when school is out.
Do you prefer a less megaplex-y theater experience? When it comes to smaller regional theater chains, the deals get even sweeter — at least one will be offering FREE kids movies this summer!
Regal Summer Movies for $1 and more!
Recently, I took my children to see the Regal Summer Movies showing of an Easter film called “Hop.” We didn’t care that the film was out of season — it was, after all, late May when we saw the film…and Easter was April 1 this year.
But the film was new to us and it turned out to be really entertaining. Plus, you can’t beat a movie for a buck!
“Hop” is just one of more than a dozen movies for kids that’s being shown as part of the Regal Summer Movies Express. Other flicks on tap in the coming weeks include timeless classics like “Curious George” and more recent hit fare like “Ferdinand” and “Despicable Me 2.”
And Regal is just one of three major theater chains showing cheap kids movies this summer — all of them G or PG films — alongside AMC’s Summer Movie Camp and Cinemark’s Summer Movie Clubhouse.
So here’s a look at what’s on exhibition for your children while they’re out of school this summer.
All schedules are subject to change. Check with your local theater before going to see one of these films with your family!
When: Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 10 a.m.
How much: $1 per person
- Hop/Max – May 29 and 30
- The Iron Giant/Curious George – June 5 and 6
- Despicable Me/Ice Age: Collision Course – June 12 and 13
- Storks/Mr. Peabody & Sherman – June 19 and 20
- Despicable Me 2/How To Train Your Dragon 2 – June 26 and 27
- The LEGO Movie/Alvin and the Chipmunks – July 3 and 4
- Sing/The Peanuts Movie – July 10 and 11
- The LEGO Ninjago Movie/Ferdinand – July 17 and 18
- The Secret Life of Pets/Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel – July 24 and 25
(Editor’s note: Both movies play on both days)
When: Wednesdays at 10 a.m.
How much: $4 per person, which includes a popcorn, drink and FrootiTooti fruit snacks.
- Boss Baby – June 6
- Paddington 2 – June 13
- The LEGO Batman Moive – June 20
- Ferdinand – JUne 27
- Trolls – July 11
- Depsicable Me 3 – July 18
- Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie – July 25
- The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature – August 1
When: Tuesday through Thursday of each week at 10 a.m.
How much: $1 per show or $5 for all 10 movies if paid in advance
- Boss Baby – June 5-7
- Smurfs: The Lost Village: June 12-14
- The LEGO Ninjago Movie: June 19-21
- Storks: June 26-28
- The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature – July 3-5
- My Little Pony: The Movie – July 10-12
- Ferdinand – July 17-19
- Paddington 2 – July 24 -26
- Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie – July 31 – August 2
- The Emoji Movie – Showtimes TBA
Smaller theaters chains
Regal’s Summer Movies Express, AMC’s Summer Movies Camp and Cinemark’s Summer Movie Clubhouse are probably the most accessible no matter where you live in the United States. But there are several other smaller regional chains also showing cheap $1 movies for the kids this time of year.
Many of these smaller players are showing the same films at a location that may be more convenient for your family. All films are $1 unless otherwise indicated: