If you need a new laptop but you don’t want to spend a lot, Chromebooks can be a great option. (If you already have an old computer lying around, you could also turn it into a Chromebook for free!)
But, if you want to buy a new computer, Chromebooks are hard to beat.
“Chromebooks initially were lame, but now they’re fantastic. They’re simple, fast, and cheap. Under $200 buys you a very good Chromebook. They have decent battery life, you can get on the Internet quickly, and they’re easy to travel with,” said Clark.
The great thing about Chromebooks is there’s virtually no boot-up time and you don’t have to spend the money on buying a Microsoft Office suite since the Chromebook relies on Google Drive for its word processor and spreadsheet functions. One downside however is that Chromebooks may have a shorter lifespan compared to other computers. But, when you consider how fast technology changes, Chromebooks can be a great budget-friendly option for low-cost home computing, especially for folks who need basic web browsing and word processing capabilities.
Here are some notable deals:
- Lenovo Chromebook 3 11″ Chromebook AMD A6 4GB memory 32GB eMMC for $199 at Best Buy
- HP 11.6″ Chromebook 4GB RAM, 64GB eMMC for $179 at Walmart
- 11.6″ Acer Chromebook Spin 311 4GB, 32GB eMMC convertible touchscreen laptop for $199 (Save $100!)
- HP 14 14″ Chromebook Intel Celeron N3350 4GB RAM 32GB eMMC Snow White for $189 (Amazon matches this price)
- Samsung Chromebook 4 11.6″ laptop computer 4GB LPDDR4 onboard RAM; 32GB eMMC storage for $159.99 (Walmart matches this price)
- HP Chromebook 14″ Intel Celeron N3350 4GB RAM 32GB eMMC for $199 at Target (Save $60.99)
The above options qualify for free shipping unless otherwise noted. Note that these Chromebooks could sell out or prices could change at any time!