Do your friends call you a cheapskate? We want you to join Team Clark!
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about saving money and finding good deals to join our editorial team as an editor and writer. This writer will be responsible for creating and curating daily deals and savings content for all platforms. This person must deeply understand, appreciate and be able to recognize legitimate money-saving advice and offers. This person must have strong writing skills, be a fast writer and be able to craft engaging headlines. The writer should also be familiar with the Clark Howard audience and have the ability to identify valuable stories that will resonate with readers, as well as drive engagement and traffic. The writer must also enjoy knowing about deals and other popular consumer news before anyone else, be very familiar with the daily deal industry, have a deep understanding of social media and be passionate about finding and creating unique content that stands out among the competitive digital landscape.
This is an entry-level, contract position with great opportunity for growth and potential for full-time position quickly. This position is based in Atlanta, Georgia, with flexible work hours and fun job perks, including a great team of passionate and hard-working people. Note that some weekends and holidays may be required.
- Deep understanding of the new digital media landscape and the ability to create content that attracts new audiences via various digital and social platforms.
- Informed on daily deal content and legitimate money-saving offers.
- Exceptional editorial, writing and editing skills, and experience in editing for SEO preferred.
- An independent spirit that thrives in a startup environment and can make decisions quickly and handle several tasks at once.
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly, stay informed on industry trends, and explore and utilize emerging social platforms.
- Creative thinker with an ability to use data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Demonstrated strong writing skills for social media.
- 1-3 years of editorial writing experience, experience writing for digital platforms preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- A passion and strong understanding of the consumer news industry and our brand’s mission.
- Obsessed with saving money and has a good sense of humor 🙂
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume, writing samples, enthusiastic video, or anything else displaying your interest, to email@example.com.