Enjoy a transatlantic cruise from $38 per day, plus fees!
Need to really get away from it all? Have you ever thought about a transatlantic cruise? A number of cruise lines offer terrific deals on passages that reposition ships from Europe to the Caribbean, Central America, or South America in the winter and reverse in spring. Repositioning cruises are longer than the usual — 10 or more days — and include only a few ports of call — hence the reduced rates to attract more travelers.
Think of the many days at sea as a perfect place to detox from the digital world — or to use many days to engage in fitness or to catch up on reading. Many lines offer cooking, photography or dance classes and educational lectures. If you’d love some me-time and not the non-stop entertaining options offered on the more traditional cruise, this might just be the ticket for you! As they have more time to spare, an older clientele is expected to be on board an Atlantic crossing cruise. That also means that the bars will typically be quiet after midnight, so don’t expect to party hardy.
Here are some of the highlights of this Prestige Cruise/Travelzoo sale. These per-person rates (based on two sharing a cabin) include all taxes, fees, and airfare!
- October 27: 14-day Passage To America from Rome to Ft. Lauderdale w/Nieuw Statendam
Ports of Call: Cartagena, Malaga, Cadiz, Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel, Azores
Per person rates: $543 Interior; $692 Oceanview; $1840 Balcony and $1,899 Suite (From $39 per day!)
- October 31: 13-day Passage To America from Rome to Ft. Lauderdale w/Koningsdam
Ports of Call: Cartagena, Malaga, Funchal
Per person rates: $494 Interior; $692 Oceanview; $791 Balcony and $1,484 Suite (From $38 per day!)
- April 19, 2020: 14-Day Passage To Rome from Ft. Lauderdale w/Zuiderdam
Ports of Call: Funchal, Cadiz, Malaga, Cartagena
Per person rates: $1,599 Inside; $1,849 Oceanview; $2,099 Balcony
In addition, here are two other outstanding transatlantic cruise values with per-person rates from under $50 a night! Have a look at these great itineraries presented by Cruise Sheet:
- Plan to be away from home over Thanksgiving week when you sail from Barcelona, Spain to Miami aboard Norwegian Cruise Line’s Star. The 14-night cruise sails on November 22 from Spain with per-person rates from $586 or about $42 a day. The itinerary features equal days at sea with days in port at Palma de Mallorca, Malaga and Cadiz, Spain; Funchal, Madeira and Ponta Delgada, Portugal.
- Another Thanksgiving week cruise sails from Barcelona, Spain to San Juan, Puerto Rico on November 22. This 16-night transatlantic sailing aboard the Norwegian Epic is priced from $737 per person, based on double occupancy in an inside stateroom, or about $46 a day. This one-way cruise has many exciting ports: Palma de Mallorca, Malaga and Cadiz, Spain; Funchal, Madeira; Lanzarote and Tenerife, Canary Islands; Tortola, British Virgin Islands and St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands.
Prices shown for each cruise include port taxes and expenses, but not airfare. See Clark’s travel planning and booking guide for the best tips on stress-free travel.