Delta and LATAM connect the Americas with access to more than 300 destinations between the U.S. and Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Paraguay, Peru and Uruguay. With frequent flyer reciprocity for flights, Delta SkyMiles Members can accrue and redeem miles across this broad network.
Here’s a look at the new partner flight service:
- October 29: Miami-Medellin, daily
- October 29: Lima-Atlanta, 3x week (this route complements Delta’s current daily service)
- October 29: Atlanta-Bogota, daily (this route complements Delta’s current daily service)
- December 22: Atlanta-Cartagena, 3x week
Here’s a sampling of decent round-trip airfare offers from Delta/LATAM (some valid even over Thanksgiving):
- $250 Miami-Bogota; depart Aug 16-Dec 6
- $327 Miami-Lima; depart Aug 16-Oct22
- $340-$380 Atlanta-Medellin; depart Sept 6-Dec 12; Jan 2-April 21
- $382 Miami-Rio de Janeiro; depart Aug 14-Dec 4; Feb 1-May 18
- $578 Atlanta-Cartagena; depart Sept 25-Dec 12; Jan 9-April 19
- $500-$600 Miami-Santiago; depart Aug 3-Nov 30
- $700-$750 Miami-Buenos Aires; depart Aug 15-Dec 8; Jan 14-April 27
These new routes have partners American Airlines and Avianca competing or beating airfares. For instance, fly nonstop on Avianca from Miami to Cartegena for just $197 round-trip. Depart July 25 through Octiber 21 or January 17 through 24. Keep in mind that flights to Miami from many U.S. airports are pretty affordable as an add-on ticket to hook up with your international trip. Sample one-way rates start from $28 Denver, $34 Detroit, $44 DC, Charlotte or Chicago, and $70 Dallas.
Here’s another Avianca deal from Miami to Medellin of just $198 round-trip is offered on August 3-December 4 or January 16-May 17 departures.
Need to know: Check the weather before you pack as the seasons are opposite of the United States. Summer in South America is November-February; spring September-November and winter months are June-August. Rainy season is typically between January and March.
Another need to know: If you purchase a separate ticket from your hometown to Miami, consider arriving a day before your departure to South America.