Save big on these limited-time travel deals!
The U.S. Travel Association, a national, non-profit organization, has a basic mission: to increase travel to and within the United States. With that aim, the organization is kicking off a 5-week promotion with various travel deals every weekday. Purchase the offers daily starting at 1pm EST Monday through Friday. But the deals sell out fast! Be ready at the computer a few minutes before and refresh the page until you see the purchase option.
Many of the offers are dollars-for-points in the hotel category. Participating are IHG, Best Western, Wyndham and Choice Hotel brands.
For instance, on May 6 you could purchase 10,000 IHG points for $50 or up to 100,000 for $500. This .5 cents per point is typically offered throughout the year at IHG, so the only consideration to buy today is that the purchase does not count towards the 100,000 max points you can purchase a year. Bonus: IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Cardholders always get a fourth night free when using points for a reservation.
Another popular deal category seen throughout the campaign is for package stays in Las Vegas and Atlantic City at the most popular properties including The Luxor, Mandalay Bay, The Mirage, New York-New York. The offers include show tickets, dining credits and more.
Here are some previously highlight offers:
- May 9: Purchase a $50 Alamo Car Rental certificate for $25. Buy up to three to use on single or multiple rentals.
- May 10: Buy a single day admission to any SeaWorld or Busch Gardens park for $55 (45% savings). A 2-Park Ticket (SeaWorld, Aquatica, Busch Gardens or Adventure Island) is $75 (50% savings). And, Discovery Cove Dolphin Swim Package (includes 14-Day Ticket to SeaWorld and Aquatica Orlando) is priced at $195 (typically $225-$400, varies by date of visit). Tip: Don’t buy if you plan to spend two or more days. These offers are good, however, for single day visits.
- May 16: Rent an Avis car for one-day for $30.
- May 22: Book a two-night weekend getaway at an Omni Hotel & Resort location in Texas, Virginia, Indiana or Florida for $160. A $335 deal gets a two-consecutive-night stay at a variety of select locations across the country — from distinctive city centers like Chicago and San Francisco to beautiful resorts in the South East. Both offers valid on stays through December 30.
- May 24: Purchase $1,000 worth of hotel stays booked at Orbitz for $650 (35% savings).
The sale site will be updated with offers through the end date of the promo, or June 4 — so check it daily for deals!
Best of the Week
Costco’s 12 Days of Deals: The best bargains today!
The best deals at Amazon right now
Here are the best Walmart deals happening now!
The top 10 deals of the week!
The best deals on laptops
The best deals on TVs available now
90+ great clothing sales happening right now!
The best fall deals on mattresses right now
The best bargains at Costco this month